Jason, Technician
Experience:  ASE master cert, Adv. diag, factory , CAT ,Cummins, Detroit, MBE, Allison, IHC 13 yrs exp

overhead adjustment on mack E7 350 with jake brake

No Comment Added
Category: Heavy Equipment
Expert:  Jason replied 8 years ago.
HelloCustomer I can try and assist you with your question..could you please provide engine serial # XXXXX chassis serial #..Do you know which jake brakes are on this engine? What information do you need, the adjustment specs or the procedure or both? Thanks, jason
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Hi jason the engine brakes are jacobs the body is rd688s i don t have engine #
Expert:  Jason replied 8 years ago.
HelloCustomer.I should be able to provide this to you shortly, have to get to work first..will reply later..Do you just need the specs, the procedure, or both? Thanks, Jason
Expert:  Jason replied 8 years ago.
Hello chief, this is what I have so far...Your firing order is 153624...bottom of flywheel housing there is a pointer you have to line up with the numbered cylinder marks on fly wheel..these marks are about 30 degrees apart, there are numbered 1-6...3-4....2-5 you have to remove covers to verify where you are on cam shaft...For instance if you are lined up with 1-6 you have to look and see if valves are loose on 1 or on # XXXXX you have figured that out you can start on that cylinder and go in firing order..turn engine in normal rotation, should be counter clockwise viewed from rear of engine..specs are 16 thousanths intake and 24 exaust..Jakes i'm still working on to make sure I have correct spec, but it specifys 10 thousonths between pin and actuater..You must verify pin is up at least 1/4 inch before adjustement or severe engine damage will result..I will double check spec. in a.m. It was given to me by a trusted source, but I want to verify it in writing first..Will get back to you, Thanks Jason
Expert:  Jason replied 8 years ago.
Hello chief- JAKES ARE 15 thousandths .015 Sorry--that is correct verified in service manual.. Intake .016 exaust .024 Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX need anything else, please let me know..Jason