Jason, Technician
Experience:  ASE master cert, Adv. diag, factory , CAT ,Cummins, Detroit, MBE, Allison, IHC 13 yrs exp

Valve adjustment clearances and procedure for a Mack Truck 1991 E7 350

Customer Question

I am trying to find valve adjustment clearances and procedure for a Mack Truck 1991 E7 350 with Mack Engine Brake.
Category: Heavy Equipment
Expert:  Jason replied 8 years ago.

Hi, welcome to J/A..The valve lash and adjustment procedures differ slightly with different engine brakes..The best way to find out which ones apply is to get you engine brake model # XXXXX the brakes have different lash slave lash settings. I am going to provide you with a link so you can verify you brake to this installation instructions..included you will find torque specs, procedures, and other valuable information..the link is

this should be sufficient to get you through the procedure..If you have any other questions feel free to ask me before you accept answer..If I have satisfied your answer, please press accept..Thank you for using J/A Jason

Expert:  Jason replied 8 years ago.

Hello, I made a mistake with this link and I am very sorry...Please try this one instead.. please accept my apologies..

regards Jason..

Expert:  Jason replied 8 years ago. Please click on this link-this one works..Thank you, Jason