Marc
Marc, Fleet Manager
Experience:  Repairing machines for33 years
44459

I have a 2030 1975 John Deere tractor and would like to know

Customer Question

I have a 2030 1975 John Deere tractor and would like to know how to bleed or adjust the hydraulic brakes as they are not working at all.??
Category: Heavy Equipment
Expert:  Marc replied 6 years ago.

BRAKES

The braices on ail modeis are hydrauii-

caiiy actuated and utilize a wet type disc

controiied by a brake operating valve lo-

cated on right side of clutch housing. See

Fig. 162. Brake discs are splined to the

final drive shafts and the brake pressure

ring is fitted in inner end of final drive

housing. Except for a pedai adjustment,

no other brake adjustments are required.

BLEED AND ADJUST

All Models

152. BLEEDING* Brakes must be

bled when pedals feel spongy, pedals

bottom, or aher disconnecting or disas-

sembling any portion of the braking

system.

To bleed brakes, start engine and

run for at least two minutes at 2000

rpm to insure that brake control valve

reservoir is filled.

NOTE: Brakes can also be bled

without engine running if necessary.

Remove right platform and fill brake

control valve reservoir by removing

filler plug (11-Fig. 163). Follow same

bleeding procedure used when engine

is running except brake valve reservoir

will need to be refilled after each fif-

teen strokes of the brake pedal.

Attach a bleeder hose (preferably

clear plastic) to brake bleed screw lo-

cated on top side of final drive housing

and place opposite end in filler hole of

rockshaft housing. Slowly depress and

release brake pedal until oil flowing

from bleedef hose is completely free of

air bubbles, then depress brake pedal

and tighten bleed screw.

Repeat bleeding operation for op-

posite side brake.

If you need more info please post back

I have access to the manual for this machine if you need more info.

Marc, Fleet Manager
Experience: Repairing machines for33 years
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Hi Marc,

firstly sorry for late reply to your answer,

prior to us asking our question on just answer we have done that many times before what you had stated in your answer but the problem is that there is no reservoir in our hydraulic brakes ,
where the brake casting block is bolted or secured to the transmission, has no filler plug as you suggest in your answer given the only way the oil gets into that brake pedal casting block is directly from the transmission.

From your answer and as we have said above we have done those procedures prior to asking on "just Answer" , while running the engine at 2000 rpm and depressing the brake pedal trying to bleed and gain pressure on the pedal valve and while doing this several times before hand we are still unable to build up pressure and to get fluid from the bleeding nipples at the rear we have also unbolted and disassembled the brake pedal assembly and checked all ware in the piston and housing and checked valve's in housing. thats all we have done prior to your answer.

Thanks,

Colin Barton
Barton Bros LTD
Expert:  Marc replied 6 years ago.

Do you have dual brake valves?

If so I cant beleive both vavlers have failed or both brakes have failed I would think you have a fluid charging problem.

There should be a plug right on top of the square block valve for filling, I will try to get you a piture to make sure we are on the same page.

#11 is the plug for fillinggraphic

Marc, Fleet Manager
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Thank you for your last reply. have done all above next question is...

as you know my john deere is a 1975 2030, we have over come our problem it was a broken check valve.

The problem we have at the moment is our PTO shaft turns constantly while fully depressing the clutch and operating our PTO lever does not make any difference to the turning of the PTO shaft, well it does not stop...

could you advise us on the procedure to check the causes or would it be more a involved operation in the system????

Expert:  Marc replied 6 years ago.

Does the clutch dissengage the transmission when the tractor is moving?

Do you feel any type of resistance in the PTO lever when you moveit? Can it be moved withoput dissengaging the clutch?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Yes the clutch does dissengage the transmission when the tractor moving.

No we do not feel any type of resistance in the PTO lever when we move it...

And yes it can be moved without dissengaging the clutch....

hopefully this will help..

Expert:  Marc replied 6 years ago.

There are at least 3 different PTO systems for this tractor non of which I am familiar with I did find some info on them and posted in a file share in the links below.

Note: click on link then click free user wait 30 seconds on count down clock then click on down load

Then when window appears click non open

First link:

http://rapidshare.com/files/143724981/2030_Cont_and_Trans_PTO_JD.PDF

Second link

http://rapidshare.com/files/143725260/2030_independant_PTO_JD.PDF