Jason
Jason, Technician
Experience:  ASE master cert, Adv. diag, factory , CAT ,Cummins, Detroit, MBE, Allison, IHC 13 yrs exp
11715025

2005 FREIGHTLINER WITH A SERIES 60 TROBLE CODE 128 351 00

Customer Question

Category: Heavy Equipment
Expert:  Jason replied 8 years ago.
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on Just Answer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:
-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.

Hello, welcome to J/A.. the code you are registering refers to a turbo compressor inlet sensor (TDI)..Is there any other codes active? The reason I ask is that troubleshooting steps indicate to repair all other active fault information first.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
DO YOU HAVE THE TROUBLE CODE SHEET AND IF SO CAN YOU SEND IT TO ME? I WILL PAY FOR THAT....
PLEASE
Expert:  Jason replied 8 years ago.

I can't send you the information that I'm using because I'm not equipted with a scanner to copy it over to you..but I would be happy to help you with this if I can..the best I can do is give you the info I have on it..Code 128-351 refers to the turbo inlet air sensor..its a two wire sensor in turbo air intake..The info is as follows

troubleshooting flash code 29...

turn ignition on, start and run engine for 6 minutes-check diagnostic reader for codes.. if any other code other than 351 or 404 are logged, troubleshoot this code first..if no other codes are present, then proceed to check sensor..

Unplug tci connector and measure resistance between cavitys 1 and 2.

If measured resistance is greater than5 ohms check for open sensor..We would have to take it from here after check is complete..If this does not satisfy your question, let me know and I'll open it up to someone who may have better capabilitys with materials than I do..Thank you..