Chris (aka - Moose)
Chris (aka - Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

Hi, i have a John Deere 7700 (powershift) tractor with a ...

Customer Question

Hi, i have a John Deere 7700 (powershift) tractor with a problem. The transmission has been rebuilt a while back by our local J.D agent, the tractor has now started another bizzare trick. When travelling either forwards or backwards the tractor will shift gears on it''s own changing down and down until selecting neutral. You then cannot select any gears for a while, after a period of 20 - 40 minutes you can select gears and move on again ! Any ideas ?
Category: Heavy Equipment
Expert:  Matthias replied 8 years ago.

Hi there

Thanks for using JA

What transmission has the tractor, Is it the full powershift?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Matthias's Post: Hi Matt, yes the tractor is a full powershift. I guess this is electronic as in the book it states there is an powershift ecu.
           Thanks, Giles.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Hi, any thoughts on the 7700 John Deere ?
Expert:  Matthias replied 8 years ago.

Sorry for my late reply

I have been talking to an ex colleage of mine who is still working at a John Deere dealership. He suggested to check the wiring underneith the shifter, and hopefully you will find a loose connector or rubbed trough wiring, even follow the wiring on the outside of the cab.

If you don't find anything the JD dealership will have to hook it up to their laptop. I used to have the software, but since i quit at JD they took it of my laptop