Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Medical Doctor
Experience:  20 Years in Internal Medicine, Neurology and Sports Medicine
61817858

I seem to have an issue with my left leg, I suffer with a

Customer Question

Hi I seem to have an issue with my left leg, I suffer with a bad back and had a hectic weekend of which I always end up with a really bad back for a few days however since ceejay Sunday my left leg feels as if it has a mind of its own, I'm not in pain and I have no pain what could this be
JA: Have you had any recent injuries? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No
Submitted: 7 days ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 7 days ago.

Hi there. What do you mean when you say your leg "feels as if it has a mind of its own"? Are you experiencing cramps, numbness, weakness?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I can feel my leg but when I walk it doesn't seem to want to move with my other legal the same, could this be trapped nerve
Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 7 days ago.

Yes, this could be a radiculopathy (pinched nerve near the spine). While there is typically pain or discomfort, it can also lead to weakness or impaired gait. I would suggest you get an MRI of the lumbar spine to rule this out. Another helpful study would be an EMG which tests the nerves going into the leg to make sure they are working properly.