Vakul Aren
Vakul Aren, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS,DTM&H( Univ of Liverpool),34yrs experience in practice
15267045

I have been having simple partial seizures, No I haven't,. I

Customer Question

I have been having simple partial seizures
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: No I haven't,. I have a long list. It will take me a while to type them in
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I was febrile this morning . I have had this happen in spells that last a few days
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Vakul Aren replied 1 month ago.

Hello,I am Dr. Vakul Aren and I will help with your query.Can you give me the list of medications you are taking currently?When did you have the first partial seizure/how often are you having the seizures/have you had similar problems in the past?pleasr give me more information,thanks.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The 1st seizure was around 10 am
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It will take a while to type them in i
can't afford $50 for a call thank but I think I'm going to query my insurancecompany

The drugs often used for treating this will include Carbamezipine(Tegretol) and Lamotrigeine(Lamicatal).You need to be examined by your PCP/Neurologist and may need an EEG apart from routine medical lab tests and physical examination.Other drugs which can be used include Valparin(Valproate) and Gabapentin(Neurontin).The medicines may need to be continued for upto 4 years till no more attacks are seen.