Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Experienced and Compassionate Physician Trained in NYC Ready to Help.
41363181

My father 83 has fluid on the lungs has had it drained. Had

Customer Question

Hi my father 83 has fluid on the lungs has had it drained . Had tests confirmed no maglingant cells so tests came back clear . Checked heart no problem there . Cat scan done lots of tests . Now the fluid has came back now there preparing him for another drain and now they want to put a camera down to check his heart and lungs . Concerned with what's happening .
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 month ago.

This is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 month ago.

I am sorry about your father.

did he smoke before?

do you have his chest CT scan result?

they should do a VATs video assisted thoracoscopy procedure to look at the pleural lining in the chest

has he had exposure to asbestosis before?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No my father did not smoke .No his ct Scsn result was fine I believe .. Yes I do believe he might of worked around asbestos..
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 month ago.

his doctors will go into his lungs possibly with a VATs procedure to look at his pleural lining

to check for inflammation or cancer of his pleural lining

sometimes there can be cancer there in the pleural lining producing fluid and no cancer cells in the pleural fluid

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave Positive Rating of 5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you may have to scroll down to see the ratings area in blue

you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com