Dr K
Dr K, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Board certified physician
65718478

Several years ago I was hospitalized with phenomena ( hope I

Customer Question

Several years ago I was hospitalized with phenomena ( hope I spelled this properly). On the date of discharge, I had an extremely bad bleed. I was sent to intensive care and lost blood as fast as the put it in me. Finally, when they got this stopped, the Doctors started tests trying to determine what was the cause. After several days one of the Doctors came to my room and said they were going to discharge me and let me go home. He stated that he and his partner felt that I should not leave the hospitable not knowing what was the cause of the bleed but they were overruled by the other Doctors. The hospital had not taken me off my blood thinner and had given me aspirin daily, at the time of release had given me a shot of blood thinner that was to prevent blood clots. Do I have any recourse?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr K replied 1 month ago.
This is too little information to know if you have any recourse. You would need to have the entire case reviewed by an attorney. What blood thinner are you on? For what diagnosis are you on aspirin? The "hospital" does not put you on those medications, a Dr does. When you were in the ICU, where were you losing blood from.