Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor (MD/DO)
Experience:  MBBS, MD, ECFMG certified. 11 year experience in dealing with cases related to all fields of medicine
22950887

I need help interpreting my blood test results, thyroid,

Customer Question

i need help interpreting my blood test results
JA: Is this a time sensitive issue? What type of specimen are they testing?
Customer: thyroid
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: easy get sick, took spironolactone for 5 years and stopped 2 weeks ago due to dehydration, lack of nutrients, etc.
Category: Health
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
my TSH = 2.08, T4 =6, T3 uptake = 36.00, T7 = 2.20, Thyroid Peroxidase AB = 26, Thyroglobulin AB = 1.00
Expert:  Dr. Muneeb Ali replied 2 months ago.

Welcome to JA and thanks for this question. Im sorry to hear about your symptoms. Actually these tests are essentially normal and they dont indicate any serious abnormality which can indicate that you have hypo or hyperthyroidism.

The TSH is within the normal range

T4 is also within the normal range

T3 uptake is slightly above the normal range, however i would consider this as a normal variation in light of the remaining normal tests. mild variations can exist and are not clinically significant

T3 (i believe this is the total T3 and not free t3) is also within the normal range

The thyroid peroxidase antibodies are below 35 which is also a normal test result

Same holds true for thyroglobulin AB which too is normal

So all in all your thyroid tests are normal and dont indicate any abnormality.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/

Would you like to know anything else? Any clarifications or additional questions that you might have, i would be happy to answer them for you. If done for now, please remember to leave a positive rating as that is the only way we are compensated for our time spent helping you. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the rating.