Carole
Carole, Nurse
Experience:  20+ years professional experience in emergency nursing, skilled, HIV Certified educator
7466212

Why does my pointer finger turn orange certain parts of the

Customer Question

Why does my pointer finger turn orange certain parts of the day
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: No :( I take Citalopram and singular I don't have insurance to go in and get it checked out
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No not at all I've been really healthy I've been taking Vitex. Vitamins
Category: Health
Expert:  Carole replied 3 months ago.

Hello, Orange tinted skin, local to one certain area, can result from various reasons, and/or conditions. This can be stemming from a dietary condition, whereas; over-eating beta-carotene, such as carrots, pumpkin, dietary supplements/ vitamins high in this souce, can cause this. Other causes can stem from peripheral vascular disease, conditions that cause damage or circulatory issues to the small arteries going to that finger, hand, toe, foot, etc. Because this can be stemming from something very minor, to something which may require further testing to diagnose properly, I would suggest that you have this area checked by your physician. He/she could better examine and determine if this requires treatment.

I wish you the very best !

Thank You, ***** ***** a moment to kindly rate my service. There is no additional cost to do so. If there is anything else you would like to discuss, I would be happy to talk to you.
Carole NP

Expert:  Carole replied 3 months ago.

Please take a moment to kindly rate my service.

Carole NP