Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor (MD/DO)
Experience:  MBBS, MD, ECFMG certified. 11 year experience in dealing with cases related to all fields of medicine
22950887

I have the flu starting feeling poorly this past Friday

Customer Question

I have the flu starting feeling poorly this past Friday evening I am on tamiflu wondering if I am still contagious want to go back to work Wednesday which is tomorrow but I don't want anyone to get sick at work
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: I saw a nurse practitioner on Sunday and was tested for the flu and it came back positive on Advil and tamiflu
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Negative medical history
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Muneeb Ali replied 5 months ago.

Welcome to JA and thanks for this question. Im sorry to hear about your symptoms. Well usually with the flu, the contagious stage starts from 1-2 days BEFORE the symptoms develop and lasts for atleast seven days after the symptoms start, so that means since your symptoms started on friday, you are going to stay contagious until friday at the very least. So i would NOT recommend that you go to work on wednesday as that will result in you infecting your colleagues. Even if you are on Tamiflu, you will still be contagious for a couple of additional days so its better to stay off work for now.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/