Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine
5625079

It has been 8 days passed by period due date. I feel the

It has been 8 days passed by period due date. I feel the period symptom such as strong pain in my lower abdomen, my legs, fatigue, breast and back pain. my periods are normally within schedule. I have been taken home Pregnancy tests and are always showing negative results. any idea what might be happening?

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with the reply momentarily.

A blood test is necessary in the first week of missed period to know exactly about the pregnancy. Home urine pregnancy test are not sensitive enough to detect the pregnancy hormone in the first week of missed period. Only blood test can exactly tell whether you are pregnant or not.

The other way is to wait for further 5 days and if your period does not come, you may do a home pregnancy test again, which in the second week is able to tell with reasonable certainty as pregnancy hormone is raised in urine, by this time.

Apart from pregnancy, there are other causes of missed or delayed periods also;

1) Ovarian hormone dysfunctions

2) Thyroid hormone abnormalities

3) Stress, anxiety, emotional disorders

4) Sudden weight loss or gain

5) Excessive physical activity

6) Hyperprolactinemia

Read the resource under the heading secondary amenorrhea;

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/amenorrhea/DS00581/DSECTION=causes

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Wish you a very happy, prosperous, healthy and safe new year 2017.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

Thank you for the opportunity to answer completely your Question. Please make sure to rate me because that is how I am credited and paid for my work.

Now, I will provide an Additional Service offer so that you have this option available on your question list to get a hold of me directly in the future.

This additional service offer can be used for

- if you would like to schedule a new, private email session or to ask me directly a new question. It's up to you.

Thank you.

Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drarunphophalia/