Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor (MD/DO)
Experience:  MBBS, MD, ECFMG certified. 11 year experience in dealing with cases related to all fields of medicine
22950887

I am a type 2 diabetic and also a cardiac patient. I take

Customer Question

I am a type 2 diabetic and also a cardiac patient. I take daily doses of effient, atorvistatin, metformin, low dose aspirin. I've come down with a head cold,constantly runny nose and sneezing mostly. Is there an over the counter medicine I can take to dry things up a bit?
JA: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?
Customer: I'm alergic to mobic.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: A have 3 stents in my heart
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Muneeb Ali replied 4 months ago.

Welcome to JA and thanks for this question. Im sorry to hear about your symptoms. Actually there are a number of medications that you can use in order to control these symptoms but the ones which would be safest for you and would NOT interact with your current medications would include OTC antihistamines like allegra, zyrtec or claritin. And if needed you can use nyquil at night. But use the OTC antihistamines first which should clear up most of teh symptoms.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/

Would you like to know anything else? Any clarifications or additional questions that you might have, i would be happy to answer them for you. If done for now, please remember to leave a positive rating as that is the only way we are compensated for our time spent helping you. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the rating.