Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor (MD/DO)
Experience:  MBBS, MD, ECFMG certified. 11 year experience in dealing with cases related to all fields of medicine
22950887

Second opinion] I am 50 years old no period since February

Customer Question

Second opinion] I am 50 years old no period since February 2016 I had unprotected sex yesterday can I get pregnant should I be worried?
Submitted: 20 days ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Muneeb Ali replied 20 days ago.

Welcome to JA and thanks for this question. Since you have not had a period since february which is almost 11 months, that basically means that menopause has set in. And once menopause sets in it is unlikely that you will get pregnant, the reason being that the body is no longer going through the changes which are necessary for a fertilized egg to be implanted and thrive inside the uterus. So once your periods stop there is no chance of you getting pregnant. So i believe you are safe and you cannot get pregnant because of the unprotected intercourse that you had yesterday.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/