DrDLove
DrDLove, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years, Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

I am on 60mg of slow release morphine for my Ehlers-Danlos

Customer Question

I am on 60mg of slow release morphine for my Ehlers-Danlos syndrome and I have been experiencing kidney pain and chemical smelling feaces
JA: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?
Customer: I take morphine nortriptyline declaphenic and ace inhibitor and progabolin citalapram just to name a few I have no allergysympathy.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I have Ehlers-Danlos syndrome and fybromyalgia hypertension prolapes of the uretha and uterus I have green discharge from uretha which is worrying.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 3 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with the reply momentarily.

What is your age?

Since when is the green discharge from urethra?

Was a culture test done?

Since when are your symptoms of kidney pain and chemical smelly feces?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Culture done nothing I'm 44 and iv had the discharge and yellow chemical poo for about a year I'm hpv positive I had cin3 last year

Were you given antibiotics or any treatment for the vaginal discharge?

What are the investigations done for the kidney pain?

What did your stool test and liver function tests show?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Liver function was normal as was stool test I got antibiotics but they didn't help I had test for kidney pain years ago and I had 3 small calculus which I past
Expert:  DrDLove replied 3 months ago.

The other expert has opted out.

Which antibiotic was prescribed?

Have you had a recent repeat of the test of the kidneys to look for calculi?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No the last one was 6 months but it doesn't feel like that it is think to do with eds and things stretching. I can't remember the name of antibiotic I had buto it was a strong 3 day course
Expert:  DrDLove replied 3 months ago.

Obviously, without being able to do an exam or other tests over the internet, it is difficult to say what is the cause of symptoms. However, the most common causes of kidney pain are infection or kidney stones. Together, these two problems account for 80-90% of cases of kidney pain. The green discharge is also worrisome for infection. Your doctor probably saw evidence that was worrisome for infection, which is why the antibiotic was prescribed, but it is unclear whether it was the kidneys or the discharge that was being treated (or both). When there is no improvement in symptoms, it would be appropriate to change to a different antibiotic. Alternatively, it would be appropriate to perform an imaging test of the kidneys, both to look for kidney stones, but also some of the less common causes of symptoms, such as a stricture or tumor.

As for the altered smell of the feces, it would be appropriate to perform tests of the stool, particularly looking for altered digestion, such as looking for fecal fat or reducing substances.