Family Physician, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

I havent had my period in 3 months. I thought i was pregnant

Customer Question

So i havent had my period in 3 months. I thought i was pregnant but every test came back negative. I have extremely sore nipples and tender breasts for about a week now and ive had cramps for the past 3 days but started bleeding like 2 hours ago. But i also believe i have a yeast infection could all of this stem from that? And what can i do to get rid of it at home?

Category: Health
Expert:  Carole replied 5 months ago.

Hello, The symptoms that you are experiencing can stem from pregnancy, but if you have been testing negative, this can also be symptoms of a sexually transmitted disease, and/or a yeast infection. There are products sold over the counter anti-fungal creams to treat a yeast infection; such as, Miconzole (name brand: Monistat). They typically come in, 1 -Day, 3 -Day, and 7 -Day treatments. The 1-Day treatment which is sold, is typically the quickest, most effective of them sold, but is normally a little more expensive. I would suggest, a follow up to your gynecologist to have an examination to determine if this is something that would possibly require further treatment and/or medication for health safety.

Thank You,

Carole NP