Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor (MD/DO)
Experience:  MBBS, MD, ECFMG certified. 11 year experience in dealing with cases related to all fields of medicine
22950887

I tested pregnant 2 weeks ago. Starting this Tuesday I was

Customer Question

Hi, I tested pregnant 2 weeks ago. Starting this Tuesday I was bleeding lightly. I had cramps as well. I'm still bleeding, should I be worried?
JA: Have you been keeping a personal medical record?
Customer: No not really.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Nothing honestly I've never had any major medical issues.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Muneeb Ali replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to JA and thanks for this question. I'm sorry to hear about your symptoms. Now first trimester bleeding is common and can occur in many patients HOWEVER bleeding accompanied by cramps in the lower abdomen which has persisted for 5 days continuously NEEDS to be evaluated. This is because if teh bleeding is fresh red in color then there is a chance of this being miscarriage. Miscarriages commonly occur during the 1st 12 weeks and any bleeding which is persistent and is accompanied by cramping should be evaluated for a miscarriage. So i would recommend that you do get evaluated for this by getting an examination done followed by a beta hcg level in the blood. If the levels are falling or not as high as they should be then it is likely that you may have experienced a miscarriage.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/