Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
18722459

I have painless throbbing on the top half of my head, Two

Customer Question

Hi pearl...i have painless throbbing on the top half of my head
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Is there anything in particular that makes your head feel worse or better?
Customer: Two weeks..its intermittent, no dizziness. Nothing prompts or disables it as far as i know
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: My grandad died of heart attaxk at 60. My dad on the other side died of brain haemmorage. I have high cholesterol. Im 48
Submitted: 25 days ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 25 days ago.

Hello and welcome. I'm Dr Chip

Can you tell me a bit more about your symptoms please and how long does this last?

Customer: replied 24 days ago.
Throbbing in the top half of my head, above the ears. Mostly top and back, not front really. Feel lethargic. No pain. More prevalent when I'm standing. No pain at all. Lasts a couple of hours and subsides.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 24 days ago.

OK

This sounds like an atypical migraine and in and of itself nothing too serious but you need to see a doctor about it for an exam and possibly an MRI of your brain. For now if it's bothersome you can take ibuprofen for it

Please let me know if you need any more information