Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor (MD/DO)
Experience:  MBBS, MD, ECFMG certified. 11 year experience in dealing with cases related to all fields of medicine
22950887

Is there another drug out there that can counteract cocaine,

Customer Question

Is there another drug out there that can counteract cocaine
JA: Is this a time sensitive issue? What type of specimen are they testing?
Customer: My boyfriend is a loser, but he takes suboxin not to do heroin
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I meant he is a user not a loser. And he has no health issues
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Muneeb Ali replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to JA and thanks for this question. im sorry to hear about your boyfriend. Unfortunately there is NO drug which can act in the same way as suboxone does in preventing the use of heroin, this is because cocaine is essentially a CNS stimulant. Now there is ongoing research which may result in a drug which may be approved for this purpose but at the moment there is no drug which can help him in this regard. The best way to have him come off cocaine is to undergo behavioural therapy which has been shown to be effective in helping patients overcome the addiction. This would involve repeated visits to the psychologist or psychiatrist to overcome the addiction.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/