A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Board Certified NP, MS, RN. 25 years private practice & hospitalist
3157612

My husband is on meficine for heart burn well we ran out and

Customer Question

My husband is on meficine for heart burn well we ran out and he was complaining the other day so i gave him some mylanta okay but his stomach is really tight .well nredless to say he had a huge poop following a bunch if direrreah his stomach is still tight i thibk he has a high impaction maybe hes nit complaining but i know it aint right what can i give him to try to flush him out first befire we end up in hosiptal.
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: Yes and he takes -blood pressure,high clotesal,depression pill and a puffer
JA: How long have you been feeling this way? Have you reached out to anyone about this yet?
Customer: He weighs 406 and weve bren seeing a dictor fir all these things and we have bern telling him about his irreqular pooping ive bern using a liquid drink that flushes him like every 4 days but its nit workibg nomore we tried to change up some foids i just dont knie and hes not gonna go to hosiptal hes nit easy like that but i told him he cant eat today at all so what do i do
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Nope
Category: Health
Expert:  A. Schuyler, NP replied 5 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** am reading your question and will be back with you ASAP.

The best thing to try is over the counter Miralax. Hoever, if that doesn't work within 24 hours, he is probably going to have to go to the hospital. Be sure he stays well hydrated with soups and broths as well as water.

Just a note to see how your husband is doing.

If you have no more questions, please check the rating box (hopefully a "5") since that is the only way we are credited with answering questions.

Thanks!