Aleksandra Frye
Aleksandra Frye,
Experience:  Physician at Workwell Medical Group
96930917

I have a pain in my left shoulder goin up my neck and ear to

Customer Question

Hi i have a pain in my left shoulder goin up my neck and ear to my jaw would this be related to bottom wisdom tooth
JA: Do you have any gum pain? Do you any discomfort in your jaw?
Customer: I have a little gum pain it feel like it's a little hot an jaw feels a little stiff
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I have spina bifida and hydrochephalus I have a shunt inserted in my head
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Aleksandra Frye replied 12 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** I am Board Certified with 17 years of experience, and I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question. :)

Yes, this could definitely be related to a tooth problem, ear problem, neck or shoulder strain or other problems in that area. Often there is what we call referred pain, where the entire area affected bu a certain nerve can hurt from something being wrong with one part of the area.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Where do I go from here, should I get the tooth removed
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
What's the best way to fix the problem

If the gums feel tender and you feel like it is a tooth problem you should get checked out by the dentist and have an examination done to determine if that is the problem. You can also use medications such as Tylenol (if no liver problem) or Ibuprofen (or Aleve)(if no kidney probelms), do gentle stretches and apply heat to the muscles that seem sore.

Please let me know if I can further assist you and if you are satisfied with my answer, please give a 5 star rating (we do not get reimbursed without a positive rating). If not, I am happy to answer your question further! Thank you so very much and see you again soon! For future questions you may contact me at this web site: http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-frye/

Expert:  Aleksandra Frye replied 6 days ago.

Hello, this is Dr. Frye from Just Answers and I am wondering if you still needs help with your question? Thank you very much!