A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Board Certified NP, MS, RN. 25 years private practice & hospitalist
3157612

I have been on Norco 7.25-325 for several years. I have been

Customer Question

I have been on Norco 7.25-325 for several years. I have been having severe depression and last week my doctor upped the strength of my depression medication and my pain management center upped my Norco from 7.25-325 to 10.o-325 and I had trouble with my breathing. I stopped taking my Norco completely a couple of days ago and I am having pretty bad with drawl sympthoms . Would it be OK to cut my dose age back from 10.-325 to maybe 5.0-325 until I can go to my doctor tomorrow instead of stopping cold turkey?
JA: How long have you been feeling this way? Have you reached out to anyone about this yet?
Customer: The first time I took the 10.-325 was 2 or 3 days ago and I noticed the problem with my breathing and I stopped taking the Norco completely. My wife and I are living separate and I thought my depression was from that until today I went online and checked for stmpthoms of quitting cold turkey. It is too late to talk to my doctor today and I don't want to go through the with again tonight. drawl
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I have heart and breathing problems.
Submitted: 6 days ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  A. Schuyler, NP replied 6 days ago.

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** am reading your question and will be back with you ASAP.

Yes, do please take some Norco. The 5/325 should be fine until you can see your doctor tomorrow. But in the future, please remember that it isn't a good idea to just quit any narcotic. A person needs to cut the dose gradually, no more than 25% every week or two. Otherwise, the withdrawal symptoms can be quite awful, as you've discovered.

Please let me know if you have additional questions or concerns about this.

Kind regards,

NP Schuyler

~

Expert:  A. Schuyler, NP replied 5 days ago.

If you have no additional questions about this, I would appreciate a rating (hopefully a "5") since that is the only way we are credited with answering questions.

Thanks!