A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Board Certified NP, MS, RN. 25 years private practice & hospitalist
3157612

I have sjorgrens lupus and thyroid disease. Recently I have

I have sjorgrens lupus and thyroid disease. Recently I have become extremely exhausted and last few days I've been very nauseous with a cold feeling in my stomach.
JA: How long has this been bothering you? Are you experiencing any vomiting or nausea?
Customer: About 4 days and yes I have.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I don't think so

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** am reading your question and will be back with you ASAP.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ok thank you

Nausea can be from many different causes. Along with fatigue, it is often caused by a gastrointestinal viral infection. These viruses typically last a few days before someone begins to feel better.

Sjogren's can also cause nausea, but since you've evidently had that for a while, you would know if what you are feeling is from that or something else. Fatigue is also a component of Sjogren's syndrome. I assume your fatigue is markedly more than usual.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Yeah it's way worse than normal.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It's like I have zero energy. Nothing feels good on my stomach even water. I have an odd cold feeling from my throat to my stomach and am very nauseous.

Combined with the nausea, it is probably just a virus. The odd feeling from throat to stomach is probably from the Sjogren's.

If you aren't better by Monday with rest and a light diet, you should call your doctor. Usually I would suggest an antihistamine (Benadryl, Zyrtec) to help with the nausea, but that will dry you out even more and I'm afraid it would exacerbate the Sjogren's symptoms.

It's a terrible weekend to feel bad, but I would just rest and eat lightly until Monday morning. If you aren't greatly improved, you should see your doctor.

Kind regards,

Schuyler

~

Hope you are feeling better. I notice that you haven't rated the question yet. Hopefully, you will give it a 5 since that is the only way that we are credited with answering questions for people.

Thanks!