Family Physician, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

I have had aid re flux for probably over 20 years, I quit

Customer Question

I have had aid re flux for probably over 20 years, I quit for a year or so, but then came back and now if it happens and is bad, I cough up a very very bad tasting phlem about 5 nights ago, I had a bad reflex experience, I have been coughing up phloem since then, It is thick, sticky darker yellow than usual, and very very bitter. I do not eat any thing after evening meal, except a pop sickle befor going to bed. I go tobed about midnightm the acid wakes me uo around 1:00 to 2:30 and it is bad,
JA: How long have you been dealing with the cough? Are you having any other symptoms?
Customer: I am usually up at least an hourtrying to cool my throat, with ice water, cold soda, and a pop sickle and play solitare for an hour, when the burning settles down (not go away) I take ahalf a sleep aid and go to bed, The next day I will cough a lot spitting up a very bitter tasting phlem
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: yes the last stint has lasted 5 days now, each day it gets a little less bitter
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 12 days ago.

Thank you for your question.
I am Dr Saha, I shall try my best to help you.
Do you have any other symptom? or past illness?
Did you have any test for those symptoms?
Did you consult doctor or take any medicine?