Aleksandra Frye
Aleksandra Frye,
Experience:  Physician at Workwell Medical Group
96930917

I am a 49 yr old mother of 4, with a history of high blood

Customer Question

I am a 49 yr old mother of 4, with a history of high blood pressure, a left branch block as well as a thickening of my heart muscle. I have been experiencing a signifigant amt of dizziness lately, along with a weird awareness of my scences. I feel nauseous as well. I am in menopause and feel hot flashes often. This morning I was driving and suddenly my eyes felt like they were pulling inward and I couldn't focus on anything, I was instantly nauceous and couldn't clear my vision for a few seconds, is this something to be concerned about?
JA: When was last time you had a check up? Is there a history of high blood pressure in your family?
Customer: Yes and I have had high blood pressure for a long time, I am taking medicine for it. it runs in my family. I am under the watch of a cardiologist and had a stress test. My concern is why the sudden vision changes and dizziness
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: My son has a brain tumor, Hopefully there isn't any problems there
Submitted: 10 days ago.
Category: Health
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I am also overweight as well
Expert:  Aleksandra Frye replied 10 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** I am Board Certified with 17 years of experience, and I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question. :)

Sorry to hear about your problems. There are many many things which can cause dizziness and changes in your vision, but the most likely problem could be your blood pressure going too high or too low at the time. If you have a home blood pressure machine, please check it during the episode along with your heart rate. Menopause can contribute as well. If you have not had your blood work checked lately to include blood count, electrolytes and thyroid, you may want to consider having that done and if it persists it is not a bad idea to get your eyes checked if you have not recently. If it becomes severe or you develop chest pain, shortness of breath, severe headache, numbness or weakness please call 911 to be taken to the emergency room.

Please let me know if I can further assist you and if you are satisfied with my answer, please give a 5 star rating (we do not get reimbursed without a positive rating). If not, I am happy to answer your question further! Thank you so very much and see you again soon! For future questions you may contact me at this web site: http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-frye/