Family Physician, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

I am in grade 12 and I finally am starting to realize all

Customer Question

Hello
I am in grade 12 and I finally am starting to realize all the bad habits that I have, as I move onto further post secondary education.
However, I always tend to make weird sounds with my throat. How do I fix that?
Most importantly, in the middle of lessons in class, I always seem to have a hard time focusing, and end up zoning out in a world far away from my classroom and the lessons. I always end up thinking about something else, even when I try to stop it. This slows down everything and essentially takes me away from the classroom. I have tried taking brain enhancement tablets, but it is not working.
An important thing to note, I am a bit on the heavy side, and overweight
Please answer with good advice
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Health
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Expert:  Scott Rebich replied 11 days ago.

Hi there,

You should be screened for ADD and ADHD with your primary care physician. You primary care doctor should then also put you on medication to help you concentrate. The medications will also help with you clear of the throat.