Aleksandra Frye
Aleksandra Frye,
Experience:  Physician at Workwell Medical Group
96930917

I have recently developed pain on my left side above my hip.

Customer Question

I have recently developed pain on my left side above my hip. It's only in that area and sometimes feels like its in my abdomen area too. It's been going on for a couple of days. Do you know what it could be?
JA: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: Probably since saturday. It's been like a nagging pain, never getting severe where I'm in excruciating pain but never really disappearing. It comes and goes with different things. Standing for a certain period of time will start to bother it and if I turn a weirdly or something, that sometimes bothers it along with walking for long periods or doing physical exercise for an extended period. Lying down seems to make it better though.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Ummm, I'm not allergic to anything. I've had hip surgery before but on my right hip.
Submitted: 14 days ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Aleksandra Frye replied 14 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** I am Board Certified with 17 years of experience, and I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question. :)

Sorry to hear about your pain. There are several possibilities: Musclular, as in pulled muscle, sometimes we don't even notice the injury. Intestinal, on the left side in that area there can be extra gas, or some back up from constipation. Also it could be a sign of infection. The fact that it is worse with certain activities goes more with the muscular strain possibility, and I would suggest you try heal to the area, and over the counter Ibuprofen or Aleve (with food) and gentle stretching. If it does not improve you may want to be checked to make sure nothing else is going on.

Please let me know if I can further assist you and if you are satisfied with my answer, please give a 5 star rating (we do not get reimbursed without a positive rating). If not, I am happy to answer your question further! Thank you so very much and see you again soon! For future questions you may contact me at this web site: http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-frye/