A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Board Certified NP, MS, RN. 25 years private practice & hospitalist
3157612

My husband just jumped out of the shower and he has broken

Customer Question

My husband just jumped out of the shower and he has broken out in huge patches of red giant rash all over his body. He did change soap or anything, but did start on Omeprazole 3 days ago, along with his normal drugs Dicylomine 20 mg, Losartan Potassium 50 mg, an Sertraline HLC 50 mg. He did just 2 benydral a few minutes the patches of hives are painful.
Category: Health
Expert:  A. Schuyler, NP replied 6 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** am reading your question and will be back with you ASAP.

That sounds like a serious reaction to something. He might want to consider a trip to the ER. Usually a rash from an allergy to something isn't painful. Shingles rashes are painful. While they are usually confined to one side of the body (from mid-back around the side to the navel in front), it is possble to have a generalized rash. That requires antiviral medication to decrease the severity and duration of the symptoms.

If it is a bad allergy, he needs to watch out for trouble breathing or swallowing. Those are serious signs and he would need the ER ASAP.