Aleksandra Frye
Aleksandra Frye,
Experience:  Physician at Workwell Medical Group
96930917

1. Subacromial subdeltoid bursitis 2. Supraspinatus tendon

Customer Question

1. Subacromial subdeltoid bursitis
2. Supraspinatus tendon fibers are largely intact with some mild articular surface fraying.
3. Susceptibility artifact from adjacent metallic bone anchors limits the evaluation of the anterior distal supraspinatus tendon. Focal signal at the anterior supraspinatus footprint (8/7,7/7) equivocal for thin partial-thickness tear or susceptibility artifact.
4. No labral detachment
can you tell me what all this means in English language LOL
thank you
Submitted: 20 days ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Aleksandra Frye replied 20 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** I am Board Certified with 17 years of experience, and I will do by best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question. :)

I will answer your question in parts:

1. Subacromial subdeltoid bursitis means that there is irritation, inflammation and swelling inside a shoulder joint on top of your shoulder. Shoulder bursitis symptoms typically include tenderness at the outer shoulder, especially when raising the arm above the head. A person with shoulder bursitis may find it painful to raise the arm, get dressed, or put pressure on the side of the affected shoulder. This usually causes what we call impigement syndrome, which is where the swelling presses on the tendons, muscles and nerves in the surrounding are and causes shoulder pain. Attached is a picture of exactly where this fluid filled space or bursa is

2 and 3. talk about the tendon from one of the muscles which are a part of the Rotator cuff, and apparently due to metallic bone anchors (I am assuming from previous surgery) it is difficult for them to say if there is partial tear in this tendon. Good news is that there is no full thickness tear.

4. The rest of the shoulder joint including a part called labrum looks normal, so that is good news as well.

Please let me know if I can further assist you and if you are satisfied with my answer, please give a 5 star rating (we do not get reimbursed without a positive rating). If not, I am happy to answer your question further! Thank you so very much and see you again soon!

Expert:  Aleksandra Frye replied 18 days ago.

Hello, this is Dr. Frye from Just Answers and I am wondering if you still needs help with your question? Thank you very much!