Family Physician, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

Have been having shooting pains on left side, abdomen area

Customer Question

Have been having shooting pains on left side, abdomen area below the stomach. They are irregular and occur in several places and sometimes even hurt in the kidney area of the back. About 4 months of it now. About 4 series ago a large elongated ov as I area swelled up on that side. About hand width and from almost my left side to the middle of my abdomen No pain if you press on it. Stool normal, diet doesn't seem to affect the pain, blood sugar good. 8 am diabetic.
Also, right side went numb suddenly. Difficult time grasping anything, fell down twice trying to walk which was very difficult. Right side of lips slightly numb like a novacaine injection. No facial dropping and do each is ok and could manipulate my tongue any way. Numbness seems to be receding and can walk and control right arm and hand but lips still numb. What is/was this? Thought stroke but no do each slurring
Are these two things connected?
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 17 days ago.

My name is*****
Welcome to JustAnswer.
I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 17 days ago.

Since when are you having this issue?
Do you have any other symptom? or past illness?
Did you have any test?
Did you consult doctor or take any measure?

Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 17 days ago.

Please reply.