Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor
Experience:  Physician at Stanley L Simpson, DO
93248684

What are some poison symptoms for having metal fragments in

Customer Question

What are some poison symptoms for having metal fragments in your skin
JA: How long have you been dealing with the skin issue? Have you noticed any major changes in your overall skin or nails recently?
Customer: I guess quite a while I've been helping my best friend clean out her barn and they used to have sharpening company father did and there is some pretty serious metal out there. Month or so we been cleaning up today is when it last 24 hours is when it really peaked so it's happening out of basically only orifices I knows my head and my ears my eyes basically my hands. One finger is really infected and couldn't get it out
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: My whole body aches on which really has just started I guess the last 24 hours him I was diagnosed with breast cancer maybe 5-6months ago.
Submitted: 15 days ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 15 days ago.

Hello this is Dr. Stan and I will assist you with your question today. I am board certified and I have 40 years of patient experience. I am happy to help you. I'm sorry to hear of the metal reaction being in your skin and your diagnosis of breast cancer. The most common problem would be a Tetanus infection, especially in barn. Tetanus can begin with weakness, then overall muscle tightening (jaw, fingers, toes initially). May I strongly recommend that you got to an Urgent Care Center for evaluation and treatment, especially for Tetanus. They will also treat any skin infections and remove any pieces of metal that have been embedded under your skin.

I am available to answer any additional questions you may have. Thank you for allowing me to provide assistance. I hope your medical problem(s) are resolved soon and you feel better. If you find the information I provided helpful, please rate me with 5-Stars. Thank you

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I just had a tetanus shot in August
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 15 days ago.

Great, then in that case, you most likely have an infection starting from any metal pieces that have pierced your skin. Soak your hands in warm water and add epsom salt to the water. Do this 3-4 times daily. Then Apply an antibiotic cream such as Bacitracin to the affected area twice daily. The problems you are having with your head and ears may be allergy or viral. Try any of the over the counter cold remedy combinations and also a saline (salt) nose spray which will help relieve any nasal congestion. You didn't mention that you have any fever, so I will assume that you don't. If your symptoms don't resolve within 36-48 hours, you may want to get medical attention for any further evaluation and treatment with antibiotics by mouth. Your immune system may be compromised because of the breast cancer, so don't wait past the 48 hours if not resolved.

Expert:  Dr Stan replied 14 days ago.

How are your hands and your head and eyes?