Vakul Aren
Vakul Aren, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS,DTM&H( Univ of Liverpool),34yrs experience in practice
15267045

What is multifocal metastatic disease above and below the

Customer Question

What is multifocal metastatic disease above and below the diaphragm
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: Yes, chemo
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: no. full impression from my P.E.T. scan is that and involving the neck, mediastinum, retroperitoneum, intra-abdominal cavity, right pelvic sidewall with measurable activity is worrisome as well. Stage 3+/4. I just don't understand it all.
JA: How long have you been dealing with this issue? Are you experiencing any numbness or tingling?
Customer: First chemo Tuesday and power port put in today. All scans, xrays, P..E.T. all found last week in Oct. but most test and biopsy started just Nov. 4th. So fast. How much would it completely cost? Would if I can afford it.
Category: Health
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I really need the full explanation of the impression from my P.E.T. scan.
It started with multifocal metastatic disease as I first asked and then the rest of the findings in the impression.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I will just come later to get my answer when it is sent. Thanks.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Really it would be best if I get an answer to my email -***@******.***
Expert:  Vakul Aren replied 4 months ago.

Hello,I am Dr.Aren and I will help with your query.As stated in the report,the metastases have been found widely spread ,ie in the neck,in the chest between the lungs in the mediastinal space ,in the abdominal cavity and behind the abdominal cavity.The pelvis is also involved on the right side.The malignancy is widespread all over,you will need chemotherapy and possibly radiation as advised by the oncologist.Multifocal spread is spread of the cancer cells to distant location by the lymphatic system and circulation.Usually ,in slow growing tumours the spread is restricted to local lymph nodes and local spread to the tissues in contact with the site.