A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Board Certified NP, MS, RN. 25 years private practice & hospitalist
3157612

I have taken 2 at home pregnancy test and both cae Both came

Customer Question

Hello. I have taken 2 at home pregnancy test and both cae Both came out negative. I don't remember having a period last month.
JA: Are you in any pain? How regular are your periods?
Customer: No real pain. My periods are very regular I'm also taking zoloft
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Just started taking it in September. No but my last 2 pregnancies have been a surprise. No symptoms until late afternoon 2 moths of being pregnant
Submitted: 21 days ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  A. Schuyler, NP replied 21 days ago.

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** am reading your question and will be back with you ASAP.

It's possible that the Zoloft could have interfered with the regular timing of your period. It's also possible that you had a period last month and forgot about it.

Pregnancy tests are pretty accurate, especially if you test at least a week after an expected period failed to arrive. That time give the pregnancy hormone hCG plenty of time to increase to a level the pregnancy test can detect.

You could also go to your doctor or a clinic for a blood pregnancy test to make absolutely sure you aren't pregnant. That is probably the best bet, since a decision has to be made about continuing antidepressants during pregnancy. Risk to the fetus has to be balanced against benefit to the mother.

Kind regards,

Schuyler

~

Expert:  A. Schuyler, NP replied 19 days ago.

Did you have additional questions you wanted to ask about this? If not, I would appreciate a rating (hopefully a “5”) since that is the only way I am credited with answering questions here. That is what makes Just Answer available 24/7.

Thanks!