Dr. Anil
Dr. Anil, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  M.B.B.S.M.D with over 30 years of experience in this medical field.
4713694

We have a 2 year old boy who has had a fever for two days.

Customer Question

We have a 2 year old boy who has had a fever for two days. Most recently the temperature was 103 and he was throwing up. The Childrens Tylenol that we have been giving him does not seem to be working. He is whining as if he is very uncomfortable and we are afraid to let him go to sleep. What does this mean and should we take him to the emergency room?
JA: Do you keep personal medical records to help track this?
Customer: I am actually his grandmother and am on the phone with my daughter in law. They do have his medical records and she has been keeping track of the temperature readings.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: He has been very healthy and happy up to this point. He has only had one cold and that was early this year.
Submitted: 25 days ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Anil replied 25 days ago.

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board certified consultant with over 30 years of experience.
Please provide more information regarding your question so I can help you in detail.

Is he able to keep liquids down?

Chills?

Diarrhea?

Thanks.

Waiting for your response.

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
He was keeping liquids down. He had grilled cheese and applesauce for dinner, which was fine. Later he had milk, which he threw up completely. He now is barely drinking juice when it is offered. He has chills, but no diarrhea.
Expert:  Dr. Anil replied 25 days ago.

Thanks for all these additional information.
I understand your concern.

Well as you describe,with his current body temperature (103 F)and condition I would recommend to see him to a doctor at ER.

In the meantime give him OTC Emetrol.

Also try to hydrate him with pedialyte.

Give him Children's Motrin alternately with Tylenol every 6 hourly.

Do sponging.

If his fever'll not reduce then visit ER.

Let me know if you have any further query so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.
Please use the REPLY/SEND BUTTON to reply back to me. It's request to avoid poor/bad rating.
Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars.
It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.
Waiting for your response.
Thanks.