wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Internal medicine internship in New York City. Two decades+ of medical experience
48069651

I have a concern about my pinky finger. Pain in the first

Customer Question

Hello I have a concern about my pinky finger.
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: Pain in the first joint for months now, thought it would get better it hasn't. But the pain is constant. It jumps up and bites whenever I bang my hand on something or an object (even objects weighing just 2-3 lbs falls on my hand).
JA: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? In general, how would you describe your health lately?
Customer: sorry the pain is not constant
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I am a diabetic, don;t think that comes into play here. But I will mention that.
Category: Health
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 2 months ago.

Hi. Dr Rick here. I completed an Internal medicine internship in NYC and have two decades of clinical experience. How can I assist you today?

Expert:  wieyedoc replied 2 months ago.

How old are you?

M/F?

Do any other joints hurt?

Is there any swelling, extra warmth etc?

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
35 years old. Male. No other joints hurt. No swelling or extra warmth. I am diabetic (type 1) and take Humalog (Insulin).
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 2 months ago.

thank you for that additional information.

I do not like that the pain has been going on for so long...

You may have some bursitis, tendonitis or even a small fracture -- although I would think you would remember trauma that would have broke something.

The bot***** *****ne?

The only way to get to the bottom of want is causing your pain is to have an exam by your MD and, possibly, and imaging study such as an MRI or ultrasound.

Does this make sense to you?

I am happy to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the excellent feedback button for this encounter. And, don’t forget, I work for tips. I would also be happy to continue to answer any more questions you have until we have resolved your concern.

Dr. Rick MD FACS