Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor (MD/DO)
Experience:  MBBS, MD, ECFMG certified. 11 year experience in dealing with cases related to all fields of medicine
22950887

I've been experiencing heartbeat in my lower abdomen and

Customer Question

I've been experiencing heartbeat in my lower abdomen and thighs/legs for a week now and sometimes run temperature with slight headache which stopped after 3 days
JA: Is the headache episodic or daily? And what about nausea?
Customer: Episodic
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Had peptic ulcer, e.coli infection
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Muneeb Ali replied 3 months ago.

Im sorry to hear about your symptoms. Can i ask do you have any chest pains? Any shortness of breath? What is you age and gender? Have you checked your blood pressure when you have these sensations?

Since you seem to be offline, ill leave a response here which we can discuss later on

Well from what you are describing there are a few conditions which can cause these sort of sensations. the first one which comes to mind is that you could be suffering from high blood pressure which may be causing these sensations in the lower legs as well as the headaches. This can present in a number of ways including chest pain, shortness of breath among other symptoms. the simplest way to diagnose the problem would be to get your blood pressure checked when you are actually having these sensations. once diagnosed lifestyle modifications and medication would solve the issue.

Another cause of this could be related to an irregular rhythm of the heart which is known as arrhythmias. This can cause palpitations and even pulsating sensations in the lower part of the body and other areas. This would be diagnosed with the help of a EKG and a echocardiogram alongwith a 24 hour holter monitor.

Yet another cause of these symptoms can be associated with an autoimmune condition which can affect multiple systems of the body at the same time. It can affect the vessels and cause you to feel these sensations and also cause a fever. This would need to be diagnosed with tests like ESR and ANA levels.

Now if there is associated swelling in the lower limbs or sensations like burning or tingling then a doppler ultrasound would need to be done in order to rule out vascular diseases however i would recommend that you start using OTC drugs like motrin or aleve for the headaches UNTIL you get into see your doctor. this should be evaluated with atleast an EKG and also with a blood pressure check.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/