Dr. Josh
Dr. Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Practicing Physician, Family Physician for 7 years
6740150

QUESTION}

Customer Question

QUESTION}
Submitted: 25 days ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Josh replied 25 days ago.

Myself Dr Josh. and I’m happy to help with your question today.Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern-

What is your question?Please give details.

Do you have constipation?

Waiting for your reply…

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
I have severe constipation for 8 months distended stomache,I can't open my bowels natrally,stomache cramps sweating and thirsty .weight lose but I have gone gluten and lactose free ,nausea,fatigue. Burping a lot,aggitated when I need to go, when I do go it sticks to the pan. Please help
Customer: replied 25 days ago.
I just want to pay for this I can't pay monthly as I am disabled
Expert:  Dr. Josh replied 25 days ago.

Dear customer

Thank you for the quick reply.

As you are having severe constipation for 8 months with distended stomache & other symptoms,this needs to be treated accordingly.

In medical terminology,constipation is defined as less than three bowel movements per week. Severe constipation is defined as less than one bowel movement per week.

To treat your constipation,following is recommended for you:

• Take bulk-forming laxatives like Metamucil.
  • Take Milk of magnesia.it contains magnesium hydroxide.Magnesium hydroxide is used as a laxative to relieve occasional constipation (irregularity) and as an antacid to relieve indigestion, sour stomach, and heartburn.It's a type of laxative known as an oral osmotic; it works by drawing water into the colon from the body tissues surrounding it. This allows the stool to pass more easily.
  • If this doesn't help then take stimulant suppositories containing bisacodyl (e.g. Dulcolax)can be used.
  • Glycerol suppositories act as a 'stimulant' within the rectum, encouraging the passing of stools

To open your bowels naturally,you need to have some dietary changes.Fiber is one of the mainstays in the treatment of constipation.High-fiber foods include beans, whole grains and bran cereals, fresh fruits, and vegetables such as asparagus, brussels sprouts, cabbage, and carrots..You need to increase the quantity of fruits and vegetables as they contain lots of fiber.

And to treat symptoms of burping,stomach ache,gastric problems-take Pepto-Bismol 2tsf thrice a day after meals.Take tab.Ranitidine(Zantac) 150 mg twice a day.Both these are available as over the counter (OTC)without a prescription & will help you greatly.

So bot***** *****ne is that I advise you to take the above described medications & follow the fiber diet as described.

If still after this,the symptoms persists or you have already tried these,then you need to make an appointment with your gastro doctor as prescription oral medications will then be required accordingly.Usually & most likely,the symptoms gets subside with these treatments.

Thank you.

Hope this helped.

Is there is anything else that you would like to know? I am happy to address your follow-up questions. And please do not forget to leave positive rating (3 or more star) so I can get credit for helping you today we only get after positive feedback.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Expert:  Dr. Josh replied 25 days ago.

Dear customer

Do you have any other follow up question?

Expert:  Dr. Josh replied 25 days ago.

Dear customer

Thank you for coming back online.

I would also want to provide following information to you that will help you greatly:

A diet with enough fiber (20 to 35 grams each day) helps the body form soft, bulky stool.

Lifestyle changes & dietary modifications can help greatly over time.Also biofeedback analysis may find out if there is some underlying cause of constipation.The routine use of laxatives is discouraged, as having bowel movements may come to be dependent upon their use.

A record of eating habits, medication, and level of physical activity will also help the doctor determine the cause of constipation.Colorectal transit study may be done.This test shows how well food moves through the colon.

A number of new agents have shown positive outcomes in chronic constipation; these include prucalopride, and lubiprostone.Neuro transmitter drugs may be prescribed.They stimulate (and inhibit) the various nerves of the colon which, in turn, cause the muscles of the colon to contract and propel the colonic contents.

So bot***** *****ne is that you need to discuss with your doctor for these newer treatments & you need to have dietary & lifestyle modifications & changes as explained above.

Also I have seen that you have not rated my answer so far.Please leave positive rating above the chat box. However if you still have any questions,please let me know..I am happy to address your follow-up questions.

Please do not forget to leave positive rating (3 or more stars).

Thank you.

God bless you & take care.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh