Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor (MD/DO)
Experience:  MBBS, MD, ECFMG certified. 11 year experience in dealing with cases related to all fields of medicine
22950887

I'm take ibuprofen over the counter for my soar throats an I

Customer Question

Hello doctor I'm take ibuprofen over the counter for my soar throats an I have my boyfriend to help me clean up my place I can't stopped coughing or trying to vomited to so what should I do doctor
JA: How long have you been dealing with the cough? Are you having any other symptoms?
Customer: Now it's been two months since I went to the emergency room an I have asthma to
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: It's crazy that I can't sleep or stay sleep for an long time also my voice change on me when I keep coughing a lot
Submitted: 29 days ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Muneeb Ali replied 29 days ago.

Im sorry to hear about your symptoms. Do you have any shortness of breath? Chest pain?

Since you seem to be offline, ill leave a response here which we can discuss later.

From what you are describing it sounds like that you may be having an acute attack of asthma. The repeated uncontrolled coughing is a sign of asthma and since you hae been cleaning your place it is likely that it triggered the attack. If this is the case then you could also start to experience shortness of breath soon if you are not already. Now if you have asthma then you would also have some inhalers or drugs handy which you may be using regularly. It would be wise to take two puffs of a inhaler which you might have handy, a inhaler which contains albuterol would be best. if you dont have a inhaler then you should start using OTC drugs like zyrtec, claritin or benadryl which can help in controlling the cough. In addition you can use any of the OTC anti cough medications.

It is also possible that you may have developed a viral infection which is now causing the asthma to act up. Now if the above medications which are available OTC dont help in controlling the cough then you would need to see your doctor for stronger medications. But for now try the above medications which can help in controlling the cough, if however you develop severe shortness of breath or difficulty breathing then immediately head to the ER to get this evaluated.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/