Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor (MD/DO)
Experience:  MBBS, MD, ECFMG certified. 11 year experience in dealing with cases related to all fields of medicine
22950887

Is there any reason to not get tetinus shot and a flu shot

Customer Question

Is there any reason to not get tetinus shot and a flu shot at the same time? My doctor just had me get them together.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Muneeb Ali replied 3 months ago.

Thanks for this question. Actually there is no reason NOT to get the two vaccinations together with the caveat that they should be administered on opposite sides, or even in different locations in the body. The reason for them being given in different locations is that sometimes they can interfere with each others immunity boosting potential. However this does not occur always and in some cases they can be given at the same site as well.

But inregards ***** ***** question, there is absolutely no reason as to why they cant be given together. You can take them on the same day even without any side effects.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/