Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years as clinician in the field of Family Practice
13781349

On my husband ecg he got a NORMAL ECG - Sinus rhythm normal

Customer Question

on my husband ecg he got a NORMAL ECG - Sinus rhythm normal P axis, V-rate 60-99 Abnormal R-wave progression, early transition QRS area>0 in V2 what does that mean
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Are you having any breathing problems?
Customer: he has had a stomach ache for 4 days with some chest pain
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: went to doctor and ER
Category: Health
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 6 months ago.

Hello!

What is your husband's age ?

Does he smoke ?

Does he have risk factors for heart disease? ( high blood pressure , family history, high cholesterol?)

The EKG Does not indicate any specific findings to say ah ha ..there must be coronary artery disease...

The abnormal R wave progression is if you will a nonspecific type finding as if the rear portion of the heart ( circumflex artery distribution to the back side muscle should be impaired then it could lead to this finding ) the lead positions may alter the EKG appearance

You staying that he has had stomach pain along with chest discomfort then that makes me think he may have discomfort due to reflux as being more likely ...

EKG basically NORMAL with basically minimal change of uncertain significance ...more reassuring than not is bot***** *****ne it seems ..

His details of risk / age / character of symptoms would help

Did the ER suggest treatment for reflux ?? Trial of GI coctail at ER ? ( my pants plus lidocaine plus raglan ) if such helped then it helps to I'D source of pain to esophagus -- not heart ...

Did they suggest any cardiac follow up ??

If heart attack and acute unstable angina is ruled out then at times a follow up with cardiologist may be advised --- a stress test may be considered

It sounds more likely that he may have esophageal irritation and may benefit to take an acid reducer...

He should follow up with his regular doctor on this ....

I hope that this information is helpful for you

Let me know when if you have further questions or concerns

I Will be happy to get back with you

If my answer has been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback

Thank you and Best Regards,

Dr. Bray