Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

I have had symptoms of a cold for almost two weeks now. I

Customer Question

Hello. I have had symptoms of a cold for almost two weeks now. I went in to a minute clinic who said it was a viral infection. It is not getting better. Symptoms include couphing, sinus issues, sour throat, layrengytis. Yesterday I began having mucus-clear. Still no voice, very sore throat, mucus. Ideas? thanks
JA: How long have you had the symptoms? Do you have a fever?
Customer: about two weeks. when I went in it was 99.6
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Nope. On an antidpepresant-Effixor. That's about it
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 4 months ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. I am reviewing your question and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Thanks a lot for waiting. I am sorry to hear about your problem. I am going to address your primary concern but later you can ask anything you want. I am an Assistant professor of ENT and can assist you as it is my specialty to deal with these symptoms. This is no more a viral infection because viral infections are supposed to get over in 2 weeks. It was viral initially but persistence of symptoms means that you have most likely developed a super added bacterial infection. Whole of your respiratory tract has got involved in this infection. You should see your doctor preferably an ENT specialist and you will ultimately need antibiotics however I do have suggestions for you till you see your doctor. Over the counter available tablet Claritin once daily, Mucinex twice daily, Otrivin nasal spray 2 puffs thrice daily for 5 days and lastly steam inhalation with menthol drops twice daily can help you a lot. I would like to reassure you that you don't have anything serious, this is nothing more than an infection and you are going to be alright. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always. Regards

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you.

You are most welcome. Your excellent feedback is requested and will be appreciated. Regards