Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  35 years of experience
8227957

I pulled my left groin muscle about three weeks ago. Around

Customer Question

I pulled my left groin muscle about three weeks ago. Around this time I was also having some lower pelvic twinges (no pain- just uncomfortable). My gyn did a thorough pelvic exam and diagnosed a bacterial infection which I took antibiotics for. No other issues were found and pelvic, pap, urine, physical and bloodwork all normal. It is a week and a half after I finished the meds and although I feel better (no twinges or pain), I have residual soreness in my lower left pelvic/pubic area on the side where I pulled my groin muscle. The soreness is below the ovary area- more on the pubis. When I move a certain way, twisting to pick up something for example, is when I feel it. Can this be due to the groin strain or should I be worried about something else (PID?)
JA: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?
Customer: NSAID allergy. only take Ventolin
JA: Is there anything else in your medical history you would like the doctor to know?
Customer: No. Though I do have anxiety regarding health issues.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 1 month ago.

Hello!
My name is*****
Welcome to Just Answer.
I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 1 month ago.

Is there any swelling, lump?

Did you have any discharge or any other symptom?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No swelling or lump. My PCP checked my abdomen etc when she diagnosed the groin strain. No lymph node swelling either.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Bowel habits also normal
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for all the information,
I am sorry for your symptoms.
The symptoms can be from muscle pull.
The pain can persist for a few weeks.
As gynecologist has examined & you do not have any discharge, lump, it is unlikely PID.
I feel you need not worry.
I hope this information helps.
If there’s anything else I can do, please let me know.
Wish your early recovery.
Please rate my answer excellent if you are satisfied with it.
Regards.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
thank you. My main reason for checking with you is that I thought I was on the mend, but walking my dog this morning, I felt the soreness in my lower left pelvic area very distinctly when I moved a certain way. And it startled me. It only last for a minute. I'm sitting now and I don't feel it. I know groin strains can take awhile to heal. Just wanted to make sure that what I was feeling was connected to the strain and not something else.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
My PCP said that groin pulls can radiate to lower pelvic area. I'm assuming now that if something serious was happening, the pain would be more significant and constant.
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 1 month ago.

You are always welcome.

As it is worsened when you move it in a certain way, it is from muscle pull.

You are right, PID pain would be constant or significant.
If you are satisfied, please leave an excellent rating.
Best wishes.