A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Board Certified NP, MS, RN. 25 years private practice & hospitalist
3157612

My mom is and recently had a metal stent put into her front

Customer Question

My mom is 69 and recently had a metal stent put into her front right artery (100% block) . I also found that my moms mom (gramma) had the same blocked artery. Do I need to be concerned? I just turned 45 and weigh 290.
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: No doctor visit yet. I'm on Lamictal, Effexor, singular and vyvanse
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Imenisicus surgery right knee 3/2015
JA: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? Have you noticed any swelling?
Customer: No Do I need to be concerned about the family history of heart issues
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  A. Schuyler, NP replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** am reading your question and will be back with you ASAP.

Everyone with a family history of heart problems needs to be concerned so that they do all possible to avoid problems themselves. This means regular medical checkups, healthy diet, and regular exercise, maintenance of a healthy weight, avoiding smoking, and using alcohol only in moderation.

In your case your doctor will want to do an ecg and perhaps a stress echo to see if you already have a blockage. On your own you can begin a healthy diet and exercise program with a long-term goal of getting to normal weight for your height.

Please let me know what additional information you need about this.

Kind regards,

Schuyler

~

Expert:  A. Schuyler, NP replied 25 days ago.

Was there anything else you wanted to ask about this before leaving a rating? If not I would appreciate your taking a second to rate the answer, since a positive rating (hopefully a "5") is the only way we are credited (or paid!) for our work.

Thanks!