Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine
5625079

Second opinion] - I was just tested for anti Antibody Id. #1

Customer Question

Second opinion] - I was just tested for anti Antibody Id. #1 Anti-M. My husband and I are O positive. The doctor asked me if I got a blood transfusion? I stated I never got one. I had previous c-section. I did sign a consent form for blood transfusion but no one ever told me I had one. How did this enter my blood or how would I be expose to this?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 5 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with the reply momentarily.

I am sorry that your question was unanswered for long.

Anti-M antibodies are usually naturally occurring, cold reactive, and clinically insignificant antibodies. Anti-M is common in antenatal patients (pregnant women).

Anti-M antibodies can cause;

1) delayed hemolytic transfusion reactions so once it is known, patient need to be watched for 3-5 days after blood is given.

2) hemolytic disease of newborn, which means that babies born to Anti-M antibodies mother need to be watched after birth.

Most anti-M antibodies are not active at 37°C and are thus of no clinical significance.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drarunphophalia/

Thank you for the opportunity to answer completely your Question. Please make sure to rate me because that is how I am credited and paid for my work.

Now, I will provide an Additional Service offer so that you have this option available on your question list to get a hold of me directly in the future.

This additional service offer can be used for

- if you would like to schedule a new, private email session or to ask me directly a new question. It's up to you.

Thank you.