Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor (MD/DO)
Experience:  MBBS, MD, ECFMG certified. 11 year experience in dealing with cases related to all fields of medicine
22950887

My WBC count is 11.4 little worried can pls help why? doctor

Customer Question

my WBC count is 11.4 little worried can pls help why ?
JA: It's hard to know for sure. The doctor will figure it out.
Customer: doctor T4 thyroxine is more 12.8 is it might reason? and also lymphs(absolute) is 5.1 high
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: I got report yesterday
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: i am taking guardian diabetocs drugs
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Muneeb Ali replied 1 month ago.

Thanks for this question. Can you attach the complete report here or upload pictures of it here? Also were these tests done for any particular reason? Any symptoms that you might be having recently?

Well a a WBC count of 11.4 is not concerning as this is just above the normal upper limit. This deviation can be considered normal in many cases especially if you have no symptoms. Slight increase in the WBC count can also be due to dehydration etc. So i would not be worried about the elevated WBC count. The elevated lymphocyte count by itself is not concerning either even though it is raised beyond the upper limit of normal. This elevation can be due to a recent viral illness which may or may NOT have manifested itself in the form of any symptoms. Many viral infections are so mild that you might not even notice them and the elevated lymphocyte count could be indicating that your body has been able to fight off the infection. This viral illness could also explain the slightly elevated WBC count.

Now the t4, you have not mentioned if this is free t4 or total t4, i think this is likely to be total t4 which is not considered as an accurate test. Also the t4 needs to be interpreted in light of the other thyroid function tests, so if you can post them here i will be happy to tell you what it means.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/