Family Physician, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

I've been switched from 5 mg valium twice a day to .5 mg

Customer Question

I've been switched from 5 mg valium twice a day to .5 mg attivan twice a day by my doctor. I committed the cardinal sin of going on the internet and ONE milligram of attivan is equivalent to 5 mg of valium. Am I going to go through terrible withdrawals since my dose of benzo was cut in half overnight?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Health
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I want to stop taking benzos everyday anyway because they are wrecking my ability to learn New things and I know that I am physically and psychologically addicted to them as a substance. I can hardly tell when I take them now but I sure as check know if I forget
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It also doesn't help that I've been on oxycodone for a month because of gallbladder attacks abd wisdom teeth surgery back to back. I'm literally out of those today too. So hooray! I'm dreading the next weeks
Expert:  DrPhilMD replied 1 month ago.

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.