Dr.S.A.Alam
Dr.S.A.Alam, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS/FCPS(Internal medicine/cardiology) MRCP(R) U.K
16248889

I have a rapid heartrate several hours after consuming red

Customer Question

I have a rapid heartrate several hours after consuming red wine. This does not happen with vodka or beer
JA: Do you know if your family has a history of heart disease? In general, how would you describe your health lately?
Customer: I have mvp
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Not heart related
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr.S.A.Alam replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for your question, normally it does not happen with wine unless you are allergic to wine or have used excess wine or wine was substandard. If you do not have any symptoms of dizziness, vertigo and blackouts and heart rate while you can count with any electric BP apparatus or if you have count the pulse rate manually, is less than 100/ minute then there is no need to worry. In most cases symptoms go away within 4-6 hours. But if symptoms persist for more than 6 hours then it is best to go get an ECG an emergency department. Thank you.