Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  35 years of experience
8227957

I have moments throughout the day now for the past few days

Customer Question

I have moments throughout the day now for the past few days of nausea, gurgle belly, some abdominal cramping. Chills but no fever off and on. Due to the nausea lack of appetite. Have only thrown up once but due to nausea feel like i want to all the time. When I do it's just gagging.
I had these symptoms four to five weeks ago and it lasted two weeks. Been to the ER and my primary care doctor. All test come back normal including my ctscan.
Could this just be a virus I'm working on? I'm sticking to the BRAT diet and staging home resting. Just at a lost to the the cause.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr.S.A.Alam replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for your question, yes it seems like a stomach or gut bug which can cause these symptoms and can last for 3-4 weeks. IN such cases you have to remain hydrated, take more citrus fruits, less spicy items, thank you. There is no need to go for more invasive tests in this condition, it will resolve and fade away. Thank you.

Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for your question.
I am Dr Saha, I shall try my best to help you.
Since when are you having these symptoms this time?

How old are you?

Did you take any medicine?