Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor (MD/DO)
Experience:  MBBS, MD, ECFMG certified. 11 year experience in dealing with cases related to all fields of medicine
22950887

How will 15mg of oxycodone be detectable in your system. I

Customer Question

how long will 15mg of oxycodone be detectable in your system. I have to take a drug test at 3pm today. Saturday morning I took 1/2 of a 30 mg oxycodone
JA: I'm trying to find the right Doctor for you right now. As soon as they are ready, I will let you know. Is this a time sensitive issue? What type of specimen are they testing?
Customer: a urine sample AP5-50 W/NIT
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Muneeb Ali replied 1 month ago.

Im sorry to hear about your situation. Now the drug which you are undergoing is a standard 5 panel test. The SAP stands for Substance Abuse Panel, 5-50 is the 5 usual drug tests (cannabinoids, amphetamines, opiates, pcp, and cocaine), and the 50 is the cutoff for thc (50 ng). The NIT means that they test for adulterants(nitrates) so you CANNOT mix anything in the urine as that will show up as an invalid sample. Now oxycodone will leave your system completely within 3-4 days which means that in your case it will have been almost 56 hours from the time of ingestion of oxycodone, and it is very likely that you test will come back as positive. Unfortunately oxycodone does take upto 4 days to completely leave your system and since you are getting your test today, there is a 80% chance that it is likely to be positive.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/

Would you like to know anything else? If done for now, please remember to leave a positive rating as that is the only way we are compensated for our time spent helping you. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the rating.